Page 1 of 1
Best way to install HAAst into live environment
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:42 pm
We are running Asterisk 15 on a server in our data center. We would like to install HAAst and create a cluster. What is the best way to proceed?
Re: Best way to install HAAst into live environment
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:50 pm
The best way to create a cluster for a live Asterisk system is as follows:
- Install HAAst on the live system
- Configure HAAst on the live system
- Apply any Asterisk updates you wish
- Finalize your Asterisk dialplan and ensure Asterisk works as you wish
- During your maintenance window shutdown the PBX
- Use 'dd' or similar tool to mirror the PBX to a second PBX
- Restart both PBX's (leave the new PBX unplugged from the network)
- Customize the second PBX with unique network and HAAst information
- Reconnect the second PBX to the network and the nodes should find each other
- The nodes should now report the cluster is live
Please read the installation guide for more details on installing and configuring HAAst.
Note to FreePBX users: If you run the FreePBX configuration generator in addition to Asterisk then be sure to fully configure and update FreePBX before starting the above process. Once the cluster is live, you must follow the instruction in the operations guide to update / change and FreePBX system/modules/options.