Page 1 of 1

High CPU usage

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:32 am
by csweeney05
I installed everything tonight and everything appears to be working fully, but the secast process is using 100% CPU usage. Any idea what would be causing this?

Re: HIGH CPU Usage

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:14 pm
by Telium Support
To start, lets make sure nothing significant is missing/misconfigured. To diagnose:

1. Stop the SecAst service
2. Delete the SecAst event log (file)
3. Start SecAst from the command line with the -f parameter (foreground)
4. Post the screen output and log file (first 200 lines)
5. Post the output of "ldd secast" (from the /usr/local/secast directory)

100% CPU is very unusual for SecAst so I suspect something major is missing/misconfigured. If the above looks ok I suggest you post your secast config file (if you are concerned about posting email it to

Re: High CPU usage

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:19 pm
by csweeney05
Starting SecAst with -f reports an error relating to AstLog file (signal):
/usr/local/secast/secast -f
SecAst version 1.5.16 started under PID 15640
QObject::connect: No such signal AstLogMonitor::sig_logrecord(Eventlog::ELevels, Types::ESources, quint16, QString, TelnetConnection *) in astlogmonitor.cpp:46

Re: High CPU usage

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:35 am
by Telium Support
The error regarding Ast log file is a clue. Associated with that, I notice that in you secast.conf's [asterisk] stanza you have set the securityevents key to an Asterisk log file.

This (securityevents) key is only for compatibility with really old (1.4 and older) versions of Asterisk. This setting also disables SecAst's ability to get more advanced data from Asterisk. If you are running a more recent Asterisk version please set this key to blank (empty). We actually plan to remove this key in a future release of SecAst.

Once you have made that change let me know how SecAst is working. As well, I suggest you upgrade to SecAst 1.6.x as we have added additional features.

Re: High CPU usage

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:20 am
by csweeney05
That fixed the CPU usage!